Saturday, May 1, 2010

Busy Days

Work Update
I can't believe today is the first day of May! I have been very busy with work and have not had time to post anything. Let me give a few updates.
Since January I have accomplished many things for work that I never thought I would or could do. Over the past four months I have given 30 sales presentations. That is more sales presentations in four months than I had given in three years! Most of the sales presentations were for Treasures Reading or were a combination of Treasures Reading and Imagine It! Reading. I also gave my first math and a social studies presentations. April brought my first Treasures Reading in-service and Math Connects in-service. Although most of my travels have taken me all over Missouri and Illinois, I also spent time in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Music Update
In January my physical therapy was complete and I began playing clarinet again. I played a concert with the Saint Louis Wind Symphony on January 24 and February 14 in St. Louis. We took our concert on the road and performed a joint concert with the Kansas City Wind Symphony in Kansas City in March and played a concert in Union, Missouri in April. Ken and I have a Northwinds Concert on May 2 and Ken will be a member of the big band in this year's Best of Hawthorne on May 8.

Personal Updates
I have been working hard to be healthier and to lose weight. Since January I have lost 33 pounds! I still have more to lose but I am defiantly on the right path! Ken and I took a trip to Florida in March to attend the St. Louis Cardinals spring training. Ken's parents and some family friends went at the same time so we enjoyed spending time with them. Ken's sister and her husband and two little boys visited us over Easter. Most of my weekends were spent recovering from my busy work schedule, but we also found time to attend a few musicals at the Fox, participate in a trivia night, and go out to dinner with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment